Deepak Chopra Wisdom or “Pseudo Profound Bullshit?
Can you spot which is which?
Do you need to relax for a few minutes? I needed to, so I thought I’d find something interesting to do while I let my brain disconnect from all that serious research I was doing.
Deepak Chopra has become so notorious in some circles that his tweets were used in a scientific study of “pseudo-profound bullshit” last year.
There’s also a “Deepak Chopra quote generator,” that creates sentences out of randomly arranged “profound sounding words.”
Here’s a fun exercise to do when you’re bored or just want to have a little fun with your time.
The goal is to see if you can tell which ones of these quotes come directly from the annals of the prolific guru of gurus, Dr.Deepak Chopra, and which ones come from the New age bullshit generator (yes it’s a real thing)
Answers at the bottom (Do not peek)
- To make the right choices in life, you have to get in touch with your soul. To do this, you need to experience solitude, which most people are afraid of because in the silence you hear the truth and know the solutions.”
- Consciousness consists of bio-electricity of quantum energy. “Quantum” means a blossoming of the amazing. To engage with the story is to become one with it.
- Reality has always been bursting with entities whose dreams are nurtured by intention. We are in the midst of a conscious condensing of learning that will give us access to the cosmos itself.
- There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle.
- Mythological truth differentiates into irrational actions
- Pinnochio as the hero archetype alleviates an expression of responsibility only possible in a symphony of truth
- Perceptual reality imparts reality through mortal power and non-judgment is at the heart of subtle silence.
- You can free yourself from aging by reinterpreting your body and by grasping the link…